Dear Ann Landers, I thought you might enjoy these tidbits of cowboy wisdom that I picked up from the Internet. -- Dave from Cumberland, Md.
Dear Dave, Those "tidbits" are solid hunks of wisdom for the population at large, not only cowboys. I'm pleased to pass them on. Here they are:
1. Don't squat with your spurs on.
2. Don't interfere with something that ain't bothering you none.
3. Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
4. The easiest way to eat crow is while it's still warm. The colder it gets the harder it is to swallow.
5. The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with watches you shave his face in the mirror every morning.
6. A woman marries a man thinking she can change him, but she can't. A man marries a woman thinking she will never change, but she does.
7. Never ask a barber whether you need a haircut.
8. Never miss a good chance to shut up.